Frequently Asked Questions
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X can be used on the underarms, bikini line, legs, arms, back, stomach and face (women’s cheek line downward).
The Tria battery charges last about 30 minutes. This battery life allows users to stay focused and conscious of overlapping during treatment. A rule of thumb is that a single battery charge is enough to treat a bikini-line area or two underarms at the higher energy levels, or a much bigger area at the lower energy levels.*
*The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X has 5 comfort settings.
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is intended for people with light to medium skin tones. Darker skin tones can absorb too much laser light which can injure the skin. The built-in skin sensor will determine if at-home laser hair removal is suitable for your skin tone.
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is designed to work on unwanted face and body hair that is naturally light brown to black in color. Because the Tria Laser 4X works with the dark pigment in the hair, lighter hair colors such as white, blond, red or gray will not absorb enough of the laser's energy to disable the hair follicle.
We recommend that you prepare your skin before each Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X treatment for best results. Follow these steps:
- 1. Cleanse the treatment area thoroughly, removing all cosmetics, lotions, and creams from the area you wish to treat. (This will allow the laser treatment to easily penetrate the skin.)
- 2. Shave the treatment area thoroughly using a new razor. This allows the laser treatment to be most effective because the laser works on the hair inside the follicle, under the surface of the skin.
- 3. Wipe your skin with a cool, damp cloth to remove any shaving cream or soap, and then dry the area well.
Please note: Waxing and plucking are not advisable any time between treatments because both remove hair from the follicle. The hair inside the follicle needs to be present for Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X treatments to be effective.
Yes. Hair grows in cycles so not every hair can be treated at the same time. To be effective, the laser needs to reach each hair follicle during its growth cycle. For permanent results, treat the area once every week for at least 3 months—until the hair stops growing back.
In just two Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X treatments, you're on your way to permanent results. When treating weekly for three months, you should expect the following results:
- After your first treatment: On occasion, some users experience mild redness that quickly dissipates within 24 hours.
- After your first month: Clinical studies have shown up to 70% reduction after just two treatments.*
- After 2-3 months of treatment: Hair re-growth will begin to appear lighter and finer. You will begin to see a visible reduction in the amount of re-growth, especially in areas where hair growth tends to be dense.
- After 3 months of treatment:Hair follicles that have been deactivated by the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X will no longer grow hair. Continue to use the Tria Laser 4X as necessary for touch ups until your skin is smooth and you're free of the endless hassles of shaving and waxing.
*Wheeland, MD, FACP, Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 2007.
Here's how to unlock the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X:
- Unplug the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X from the battery charger.
- Hold the device and press the power button to turn it on. The display window will show that it is locked.
- The red light on the bottom of the device is the skin sensor. Hold it on the area you wish to treat to check your skin tone. The skin sensor will automatically sense and check your skin. If it's intended for your skin tone in the area you want to treat, the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X will emit a ready tone and the lock indicator in the display window will disappear. If the lock is still visible on the display window and you do not hear a series of beeps, then the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X may not be safe for your skin tone in that area. Verify that your skin tone in the area you wish to treat matches the intended tone on the Skin Tone + Hair Color Chart on page 2 of the Instructions for Use. You may be using the skin sensor incorrectly and need to try again. To try again, lift the skin sensor from your skin and follow the previous two steps. If you are still not able to unlock the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X, contact Customer Care at 1-877-321-8742.
Note: When the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is not in use for approximately 3 minutes, the device will automatically turn off.
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is designed for personal use only. Sharing the device is not recommended for personal hygiene reasons.
Do not use the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X on the nipples, genitals or around the anus. These areas may have more sensitive skin, a darker skin tone and/or a greater hair density and using the Tria Laser 4X in these areas may cause serious skin injury. You may use the Tria Laser 4X on your bikini line, which is the pubic hair visible beyond the boundaries of a swimsuit.
Stay out of the sun before using Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X. The laser is attracted to pigment in the skin; any darkening of the skin due to sun exposure can impact safety.
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is effective at all treatments levels. The five settings are five different levels of intensity. Using a lower intensity means that the treatment will work slower, but may be more comfortable to some users. We recommend that you start at a low treatment level (1 or 2) and then increase by one treatment level at a time until you've reached the highest treatment level comfortable to you. The higher the treatment level, the faster the results.
Still have questions? Contact Us.